Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cover Reveal: Inheritance by Christopher Paolini


The final book in the Inheritance Cycle has just been announced!


Inheritance is set to be released in November 2011!!

I usually don't do cover reveals because everyone beats me to the punch, but I am so excited about this news that I am posting anyway!! I will never forget reading through the first three books, thinking it was a trilogy, and about halfway through the last book I started wondering how all the loose ends were going to be tied up. Only to finish the book on a major cliffhanger to find ... there will be more!!!

Here is a link to the video of Christopher Paolini talking about how his trilogy evolved into a cycle. It wouldn't let me embed.


Here is the summary: (from Goodreads):

Not so very long ago, Eragon—Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider—was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.

Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances.

The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaƫsia? And if so, at what cost?

Follow Christopher Paolini:

8 comments:

  1. It's about time!! I flew through the first three only to realize that I'll have to wait for an undetermined amount of time for the fourth one! Talk about torture! And I'm totally loving the green cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost screamed when I saw the news on this! Finally!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! I about jumped up and down in joy when I saw this post!!! It's about time! I LOVE this series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could not finish the first one. I have such a hard time with high fantasy and this is as high as it gets. I dig the green tho...

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Squee and yay! I'm so looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made my first ever "waiting on" Wednesday blog post on this book can't wait till it's out yay!
    as always ♥, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. WootWoot!! Can't wait!! I've been waiting so long, I'll have to reread Brisinger. Oh, well. That'll hurt! NOT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally!!! I loved this series and I'm so glad its coming out in November!

    ReplyDelete