Thursday, August 2, 2012

Random Blog Hop & Follow Friday...

Book Blogger Hop
Hosted by Crazy-For-Books. Click above to join the hop.

I have not blog hopped in FOREVER. Oh, how I have missed it!!!


This week's question:

When a book goes “viral” (Hunger Games, Fifty Shades, Twilight), do you rush out to read it like everyone else, even if it’s not in your typical genre?

I usually just read whatever I want to read, and a lot of times word of mouth does attract my attention. So, sometimes that might mean hype is involved, like with Twilight. But just because a book is hyped doesn't necessarily mean I'll read it.


Hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read. Click the graphic to follow the hop!

This week's question:

Do your reading habits change based on your mood? Do you read a certain genre if you are feeling depressed or happy?

Not really. Reading itself usually makes me chillax since it's a major source of escape. Sometimes I might have to STOP reading a book if it changes my mood too much in a bad way, but that usually doesn't happen to me anymore like it used to when I was in high school. For some reason, even the darkest, grittiest writing is really cathartic to read rather than pulling me down.


What about you?!!

16 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the source of escape! It's the same for me! Although I can have a hard time picking up a book when I'm stressed out. But when I do I just read!
    New GFC follower.

    Helene @ Helene's World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't not yet anyway, though I did read Twilight but I didn't know it was popular until I read the first two. Because at that time I didn't have my blog.

    My BBH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I need a dark read if I'm in that type of mood. It oddly helps.

    Preet @ AWR

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I don't get to read as much as I want to, I get really edgy and depressed. As soon as that happens, I've learned to just go get a book and disappear for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, found you through Book Blogger Hop. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very true and I must agree, because of course many readers (especially bloggers) read books based on other's reviews and word of mouth!

    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you thru book blogger hop. New Networked Blog follower. So neat that you are thinking of becoming a YA author. YA fiction has so much to offer these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree- reading itself is just the perfect escape! I'm a new GFC follower!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like the more you read those gritty books, the less of an effect they have on you.

    P.S: I'm a new follower! Don't be afraid to fearlessly visit my "Frivolously Follow Me this Friday!" post. Many thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited to be Hopping again, too! I love that it's a weekly thing again. Yay!

    I've visited before, but I'm glad to have re-discovered your blog via the Hop.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reading is definitely a great escape. That is one of the biggest reasons why I read.
    My Hop
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great answers! I agree with both of them!
    It's hard to make reading an escape if you're not reading what you want to read.

    Check out my post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice answer! :D I'm a new follower via GFC ~!
    My FF:
    http://cheerfulreviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-follow-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reading is a great escape, agree. I am a mood reader so that is always over the hype.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the hop, glad to "meet" you because of it :) http://therelentlessreader.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. For me I find my mood changes the genre that I want to read. I go through blocks where I only read one genre, then I randomly change to another one. But I don't find myself reading certain books because of the way I feel. Although I do find that the way I feel has an impact on how much I enjoy the book! So if I'm angry or sad I try and take a break from reading till I get over it :)

    New Follower via RSS!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete